Tuesday, September 7, 2010

We are a different family than most.

I know I haven't posted in a while but I'm a little down right now and I needed to let it out.  Both my  parents and Jay's parents have split up. My mom works random crazy hours, my dad and I don't speak. My mother-in-law is retired and my father-in-law still works full time. For some reason, no one on either side of our families can find the time (or money, or enter excuse here) to visit. I am not trying to blast our business but I'm feeling down about this and this is my outlet. I understand that my mom and father in law are working, but I don't have to like that they don't visit.

Being a military family, you learn right away that family is your best support system during trying times. I, on the other hand, have learned differently. I have learned that family causes unnecessary stress, anger and sadness. I feel like they don't understand my situation or sympathize with me. My support system has become Annie. When I'm angry, sad, happy or depressed, she is the one I share with (besides my husband, of course). Hearing about all my other friends/acquaintances having family in town lately, just makes me sad that my family, especially my kids don't have those same connections/bonds.

I was fortunate enough to have my grandparents down at the beginning of July. That was a nice treat. But in the 4+ years that my husband and I have been married that was the 3rd time anyone in the family has visited us that didn't require me to give birth to a child. Sometimes it's nice to have family visit. To know that you are loved and supported in the life you have made for yourself and children. Lately, I don't feel like I have that.

So what ever it is that is keeping them away, be it work, bills, or just a difference in opinion, it hurts and my children are missing out on vital parts of life.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I understand! I think every military family has this problem. So you arn't the only one. We have the same issue. I consider most of our friends in the military family more than our own. Hang in there!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete